Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Business Analyst
Job Number: MR-1025
Reports To: Product Process Analyst Lead
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Business Analyst studies the overall business and information needs of the organization, in order to gather proper requirements and develop solutions for business process, system and related technology problems. Responsible to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including Zayo Business Groups. Serve as the conduit between the Business Partner community and the product owners/product solution managers as well as the application developers through which requirements flow. Manage project/system requirements through full life cycle to completion and maintain ongoing information flow into maintenance mode and production support as needed. Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of system investments.
- Understanding and Designing Solutions
- Build a strong relationship with Zayo Business Groups, understanding existing business processes in order to make process and system-related recommendations using best practices for changes to improve operational effectiveness and provide cost savings.
- Work with Zayo Business Groups to identify, analyze, document, and design functional solutions to address business needs. Provide options and recommendations that balance business and user needs as well as resource availability.
- Managing and Implementing Solutions
- Understand and communicate current and planned work status for the intended audience with appropriate level of details in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Manage work to meet commitments. Involvement in prioritization of work, escalation of issues, and development of contingency plans. Facilitate meetings / work sessions.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Maintaining and Supporting Solutions
- Actively participate in defining application vision, cross-system designs and integration strategies. Understand how processes and system functionality work together to achieve business goals and recommend new and/or changes to existing processes to streamline, automate & integrate, and meet application compliance requirements. Groom the backlog to reflect desired solutions.
- Review installation/configuration guides for vendor packages and determine the appropriate configurations needed to allow the full package to meet business needs. Explain configuration recommendations to business areas and assist with package implementation. Perform installation, upgrades and configuration changes for vendor packages; Monitor vendor packages for health and wellness; Provide system support and perform system restarts as needed
- Constant Analysis of Systems performance as it relates to the Enterprise Networks to ensure maximum efficiency
- Will need to initiate and lead meetings as it relates to process/system improvement and or process proposals.
- Create Business Case documentation
- Create Process and Training documentation as it relates to Enterprise Networks Business needs.
- Project Manage multiple projects and deliverables at once.
- Education, training and or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography/GIS, Business or related field.
- Experience effectively gathering solution requirements through interviewing, observing, listening, facilitating design sessions and demonstrating analytical skills
- Experience communicating information, both verbally and in writing, in simple, clear, unambiguous and concise language; understandable to a wide audience with broad technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience in analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Experience and ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations
- Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry through direct or indirect work experience.
- Salesforce environment knowledge
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools including MS Visio
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.