Billing Operations Analyst
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Business Analyst
Job Number: LH-1078
Billing Operations Analyst
Reports To: Director, Billing Operations
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The successful candidate will be involved in various aspects of the month end billing process and will work with upstream and downstream teams on system and process improvements. The billing operations team is responsible for billing system configuration; interaction with billing system provider concerning month end invoice process, tax setup, system enhancements, and new releases; billing order entry automation; month end bill run project management and validation; and billing migration activity during acquisitions.
- Responsible for ensuring the monthly invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in service order validation process to enable accurate load into the billing system.
- Perform invoice preview validations to ensure marketing messages and other invoice data is presented is accurate.
- Configure billing system as needed to keep product catalog in sync with ordering system.
- Work with Sales, Customer Service, Service Delivery, and Product Management teams to provide guidance and training on order processing and impacts to billing.
- Work with Billing and IT team to implement system and/or process improvements.
- Assist with all aspects of billing migration activity during acquisitions of new companies.
- Associate’s degree with major course work in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or similar is required. SQL programming and experience working with Salesforce.com a plus. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Can-Do attitude that translates to “Get It Done”, whatever it takes.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment where skill sets will develop quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with all personnel and customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of telecom industry terminology and technology.
- Knowledge of telecommunications billing systems and process.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage priorities to meet leadership and company goals.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.