Business Analyst, Big Data
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Business Analyst
Job Number: LH-1139
Data Analyst, Big Data
Reports To: Director, Business Operations, Big Data
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Data Analyst, Big Data will import, clean, transform, validate, and model data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for more intelligent reporting and better decision making. The Data Analyst will also own preparation and validation of internal reporting tools and presentations.
- Import, clean, transform, validate and model data to enable better decision making.
- Own preparation and validation of internal reporting tools to present conclusions gained from analyzing data.
- Collaborate with peers (Data Analysts, Product Analysts, Sales Operations Analysts, etc.) to capture, cleanse, and load data to enable intelligent reporting in Salesforce.
- Drive process improvement efforts and coordinate with IT resources to simplify capture, reporting, and quality assurance tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Social Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Ability to manage high-volume workload effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and demonstrated achievement in quantitative, technical coursework.
- Command of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Detail oriented; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.