IT – Architecture/Developer Intern
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Internship
Job Number: SF-1816
Architecture/Developer Intern (IT/Engineering)
The Zayo internship program is open to graduating seniors and current students. All internships are paid, full-time work experiences.
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Interns will work on supporting the Tranzact application and application architecture in order to support the development pipeline. In this role, the intern will be expected to build and test new features and vet new technologies to improve user experience and/or developer efficiency.
- Building new customer features
- Writing test code
- Developing new coding patterns
- Refactoring legacy code to simplify maintenance
- Conduct industry and company research for business improvement efforts
- Implementing new coding patterns
- Undergrad in Engineering preferred
- Developing experience is a major plus
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Process oriented, problem solver, thought leader
- Ability to communicate well with the IT team and business stakeholders (excellent internal communication skills)
- Understanding of delegation
- Gain experience in full stack development, coding patterns, front and backend testing patterns
- Learn how to support a customer facing enterprise application
- Gain an education in telecom, industry experience, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- $15.00/hour for undergraduate student/degree or equivalent education
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.