Application Developer – Node.js
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: MR-1086
Application Developer – Node.js
Reports To: Manager, Software Development
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
We are looking for a Node.js developer to help maintain and extend our microservice environment to support key business support systems (BSS), including integration with our Tranzact platform and CRM. The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and through API requests.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high-quality product for stakeholders. Working selflessly in an evolving and highly collaborative team environment, adaptability and good communication skills are needed. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and awareness to make decisions in the best interest of Zayo, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
We strive to make our tools and processes better. In doing so, we expect an awareness and desire to identify and address problems before they are problems. Curiosity and passion for continued learning, as well as good reading and comprehension skills and self-directed learning, are needed in this process.
- The developer will be responsible for supporting and developing Node.js microservice modules and shared libraries to support core business functions, including location management, user management, and quote management.
- Interface with Salesforce.com processes and APIs
- Navigate, work effectively, and propose improvements within several areas of the software development lifecycle, including planning, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Assist and guide others technically through collaboration and pair programming.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve advanced issues in a timely manner.
- Take full accountability of written and reviewed code, write reusable and sustainable code and practice test-driven development and defensive programming to create a more stable deliverable.
- Challenge existing code patterns and propose alternatives with justification of benefit/value of implementation.
- Propose and deliver an optimal solution after understanding existing alternate options and overall system impact of implementing each option.
- Can critically analyze and evaluate code of others as well as their own, provide constructive feedback, and contribute a positive influence overall within design and code implementation discussions or normal code reviews within a given domain.
- Proactively ask for assistance when hindered by roadblocks or requirement issues.
- Actively seek or take on complex problems within a project or domain.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical trade school, or equivalent experience in a programming or analytical discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience may indicate readiness but must demonstrate preceding role proficiency and a high degree of competency in the following areas.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Algorithms, data structures, data modeling, and distributed systems
- Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Git workflow including general code management, branching, committing and merging
- One or more technologies or programming languages
- One or more functional business processes that an IT system supports
- Additionally, the candidate should have:
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of patterns and best practices with asynchronous programming.
- Understanding of the Node.js module system and core modules.
- Ability to leverage npm and the greater module ecosystem.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.