Accounts Payable Assistant III-Allstream
Location: Vancouver,WA     Department: Accounting
Job Number: AL117
Allstream is hiring an Accounts Payable Assistant III in Vancouver, WA
Responsible for the coding and processing of invoices in a high-volume environment. Including invoice data entry and three-way matching to PO’s. The Accounts Payable Assistant III would be expected to have a higher understanding of the Accounts Payable role and be able to identify process improvements. Full understanding of accounting practices according to GAAP including debits and credits and the flow to the general ledger from accounts payable. Level III is considered a key person for assistance when Lead or Manager is not available. Ability to understand, create and maintain Excel database effectively. Other responsibilities may include account reconciliation, expense report processing, corporate card reconciliation, mail receiving, check mailing, filing, and any other related duties/projects as assigned
- Advanced Understanding of Accounts Payable workflow
- Enter Invoices based on Data Entry SOP minimal data entry errors. Responsible for the coding and processing of invoices in a high-volume environment
- Ability to Multitask and prioritize while using various systems
- Validate Invoice Accuracy including Remit To addresses
- Validate approval levels based on Approval Matrix submit invoices for approval and have the ability to follow up for timely processing escalating issues when necessary
- Advanced understanding of GL coding and the flow to the general ledger including the understanding of Debits and Credits
- Account reconciliation with vendor statements as well as reconciliation to general ledger
- Problem solve as needed with the ability to think through a process and determine where inaccuracies are hindering workflow with ability to recommend and test theory’s
- Ability to Match PO to Invoices and solve discrepancies as needed
- Strong math and computer skills including the use of Excel, including ability to understand excel using formulas, VLookup and Pivot tables to create spreadsheets, as well as word processing and database software.
- Demonstrates exceptional Customer service to internal and external customers, vendors, co-workers
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and in writing and problem solve in a positive professional manner
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Mail weekly payments
- AP filing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3+ years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Oracle ERP software experience is preferred (other Oracle versions or additional Web-based system experience will be considered)
- Strong math and computer skills including the use of Excel, word processing and database software.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication (verbal and written) analytical skills to problem solve with internal and external
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant keyboarding, frequent twisting of the upper body, standing and walking, and occasionally on rare occasions the ability to kneel, bend at the waist and crouch. Requires occasional lifting and carrying of 1-20 pounds. Must be able to perform primarily light work. Must be able to perform close detail work.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.