Location: Vancouver,WA     Department: Accounting, Finance
Job Number: AL130
Allstream is hiring an Accountant II in Vancouver WA.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Perform complex general ledger entries and account reconciliation.
- Develop and streamline complex account reconciliation processes associated with the month-end close to achieve maximum efficiency, thereby reducing time necessary to close the books and generate financial statements.
- Assist with the administration of financial reporting system
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package.
- Research complex accounting issues.
- Provide assistance to external auditors as needed.
- Resolve and implement solutions to complex accounting problems as directed by the Accounting Manager, and as identified through self-directed work.
- Prepare audit workpapers.
- Perform analysis of complex accounting data.
- Perform other related duties or projects as required or assigned.
- Provide assistance to Accounts Payable and Billing areas as needed.
- Provide assistance to the Finance department as needed.
Works under general supervision in a team environment. No direct supervisory responsibility however may provide direction to less senior employees within the department. Handles confidential information with discretion. Must meet inflexible deadlines. Errors could cause improper reporting of financial status and impact short and long-term financial decisions. Position performs multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities. Frequent internal contact with all levels of employees; moderate amount of external contact with auditors and vendors.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or the equivalent in training and experience. Demonstrated knowledge (3-5 years) of general ledger accounting and financial administration and experience applying knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures. Ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports and skill in analyzing and interpreting financial data. Analytical skills and initiative in researching and/or resolving accounting discrepancies. Detail orientation and the ability to adapt to changing requirements and meet inflexible deadlines. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prepare financial reports in a timely manner. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform a high volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy. Requires frequent use of personal computer, including computerized accounting system, word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant keyboarding, frequent twisting of the upper body, standing and walking, and occasionally on rare occasions the ability to kneel, bend at the waist and crouch. Requires occasional lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds. Must be able to perform primarily light work. Must be able to perform close detail work.
Experience using Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of the Oracle financial accounting system and Prophix financial reporting package. Familiarity with financial reporting for compensation and benefits. Experience working within the telecommunications industry.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Allstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allstream does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.