Account Executive – Federal
Location: Ashburn,VA     Department:
Job Number: LH-1320
Account Executive – Federal
Reports To: VP, Sales – Federal
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Develop customer relationships and drive sales of communication infrastructure solutions to the US Federal Government (Department of Defense and Civilian Agencies), Federal System Integrators (FSI’s), Defense Contractors (DIB’s) & small business that focus on the Federal sector. Achieve sales and revenue growth targets through consistent account management activities as well as acquiring new accounts. Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive prospecting and selling. A demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of Information as a Service (IaaS) and Security with the ability to work on large, complex deals applying a consultative and trusted advisor approach.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to targeted account base.
- Present proposals and manage customers through the sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments.
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify, initiate contact with and qualify potential customers.
- Track, analyze, and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College.
- Strong knowledge of or 5+ years’ experience working within the Federal sector.
- 3+ year’s solution selling experience working within the Federal sector.
- Broad understanding of the Federal contracting process.
- Existing relationships within Department of Defense, Federal System Integrators & Defense Contractors (preferred).
- Active US Government Security Clearance (preferred).
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building/maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process.
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP Transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access and Colocation.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.