Location: Golden Valley,MN     Department: Customer Service
Job Number: AL 132
Allstream is hiring an Account Consultant in Golden Valley, MN.
The Account Consultant’s (AC) primary role is to drive value to their assigned accounts as a dedicated resource and ensure exceptional customer satisfaction and long term retention. The AC serves as main point of contact on day-to-day business affairs for our Allstream customers, and is responsible for proactively reaching out to their customers on a regular basis. The AC comprises part of an Account Team, along with an assigned Account Executive and Sales Engineer, who collectively support each of our clients with the objective of ensuring base retention and growth. The AC will also partner closely with other departments within the company in an effort to ensure follow-up and coordination as well as continued satisfaction between the customer and Allstream. The AC will provide timely and quality support to their assigned base as outlined below in the functions and responsibilities. The base of customers the AC will support will be high profile accounts which are local as well as cross market. The AC account base requires the AC to have knowledge of Allstream policies, procedures, products and services, in order to meet the needs of our clients. The AC will have direct responsibility for our clients, as part of the Account Team, in establishing relationships that cultivate growth and retention.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
A combination of some or all of the following functions will be assigned to the Account Consultants depending on level in job family and impact of account:
- Proactive customer contact. The AC is to engage in regular proactive activity with their assigned accounts. The activities demanded for each account may vary depending on the strategic nature or MRR of an account, however, proactive engagement is a requirement for all Allstream accounts. Proactive engagement includes calling into accounts to assess the health of the account to ensure accuracy in our customer information and to provide the customer with pertinent Allstream contact information as well including but not limited to account team & escalation lists. Proactive engagement also includes annual, biannual, or quarterly Account Reviews as required. preferably in person, but via teleconference in certain situations or with certain customers. These should include the Account Team and any internal partners as necessary. The objective of an Account Review is to develop and cultivate the customer relationship. One way to accomplish this is to gain an understanding of the customer’s business needs and include a review of the customer’s services relative to those needs – a technology assessment. It is also to provide a forum for the customer to ask questions, vet concerns, and for the Account Team to reinforce the value proposition of Allstream which the AC is a part of. The AC should introduce the customer to our online portal, ensure billing is accurate, address any relevant or recent trouble ticket history, and review the status of any open order activity. If the customer is out of contract or nearing the end of their contract term, <6 months, then renewal options should be discussed and / or proposed with the goal of limiting the exposure. Any product upgrades or enhancements that could improve the customer’s experience with Allstream should also be discussed and / or proposed.
- Audit internal systems to ensure data integrity. Review customer information such as service & billing addresses, customer contacts, etc., contracts, installed services and invoices, to ensure accuracy.
- Respond to customer requests for service, working to ensure a timely response including quotes, contracts, service orders, etc., and refer opportunities to the assigned account owner or Account Executive when appropriate.
- Ensure billing accuracy and resolution for accounts by auditing billing records and resolving billing discrepancies within the bill cycle when possible in an effort to ensure invoices are accurate. Manage the billing status of the account using the company’s collection codes, such as AID, when an account is in dispute so that we can manage the customer relationship appropriately interdepartmentally. Complete 1st bill reviews / audits with required customers.
- Follow up on and assist in assuring resolution of trouble tickets to ensure all expectations of the customer have been met. When opening trouble tickets, gather detailed information from the customer to properly document the need / complaint, including but not limited to services affected, symptoms present, duration of service problems, point of contact for the issue, and other relevant information necessary for Technicians to respond to customer needs. Provide or facilitate feedback to customers as requested, including a review of the customer’s trouble ticket history and facilitate escalations when necessary. Provide RFO’s when requested.
- Understand and manage the exposure within your base. Strive to retain your customers by reviewing their services in relation to their business needs and objectives, requesting engagement from the account team when technology assessments are necessary. Ensure rates are maintained at a fair market rate, while working within the confines of your specified budget.
- Proactively identify accounts that may be at risk and formulate a plan of action to retain the customer and protect the revenue. This may require the engagement of other account team members, leadership, and / or other departments.
- Introduce our Customer Portal functionality to our customers and provide training on how to view invoices, access reports, open and review tickets, etc.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Assist with other assigned projects as needed.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Works under limited supervision, no supervisory responsibility but may provide leadership to entry level Account Consultants. Position requires a self-motivated well organized individual with initiative and ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment. The AC is a complex position requiring the ability to utilize product knowledge and customer service techniques to effectively and proactively manage and develop long term business relationships with large and high profile customers. AC must be able to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written communications to internal and external contacts and do so in a time sensitive manner. Must demonstrate an ability to organize and prioritize one’s work load while also being able to reprioritize as unforeseen situations arise without losing sight of the previous work load and commitments. Frequently contacts internally with all levels of employees, particularly within the Sales and Operations Departments; frequently contacts externally with all levels of employees of existing Allstream customers.
Qualified candidates at all levels will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or a related field, or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Account management experience within the communications industry.
- Working knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. Understanding of voice and data networking products, and telecommunications operations.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to facilitate a meeting with small and large sized groups in a professional manner, as well as customer contacts at various levels in management.
- Experience which demonstrates strong analytical, time management, problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills which demonstrate techniques in persuasion, selling, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service.
- Computer skills, including spreadsheets, presentation and word processing programs. Possess knowledge of company processes and organizational structure.
- Requires the ability to travel to customer sites on a frequent basis. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license, insurance and vehicle within 60 days of hire. A background investigation of driving record will be conducted if driving is essential.
- Additional competencies required in multi-tasking, accuracy, customer service, decision making, logical problem solving, organization, communication, sales techniques and interpersonal awareness are necessary.
- Account Management, Customer Service, or Sales experience within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software programs.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Must be dependable and possess the ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing industry and environment.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires constant speaking and hearing; frequent sitting and keyboarding, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing, crouching, standing and walking. Requires infrequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 1-10 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual and color acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
ALLSTREAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.