London, UK – June 12, 2014 – Global Bandwidth Infrastructure provider Zayo Group, LLC (“Zayo”) announced today that it has expanded its existing contract with quad-play operator TalkTalk, enabling the carrier to offer enhanced services to its 4 million customers in the UK.
The new contract, which will be delivered by the close of the third quarter of 2014, provides TalkTalk with several UK network services, including: 10G wavelengths within the UK and across Europe, an increase in IP transit service speeds from 30G to 50G, and 10G transatlantic services from London to New York. The agreement will also allow TalkTalk to utilize seven new dark fibre circuits on an individual fibre basis over the next few months, as demand requires.
Colin Whitbread, chief network officer for TalkTalk, says: “This new agreement with Zayo enables us to rapidly expand the choice of services we offer to our customers in a flexible way, whilst ensuring cost stability”.
Alastair Kane, European vice president for Zayo, says: “Having the ability to deliver the capacity that TalkTalk requires on demand is further validation of our strategy of continuing to invest heavily in dark fibre capacity”.
Zayo recently extended its network footprint in Europe through two acquisitions. It expanded in the UK (including Wales and the London metro area) and Ireland through its acquisition of Geo Networks, and it is establishing a presence in France through its acquisition of Neo Telecoms, which is expected to close in the end of the third quarter of 2014.
About Zayo Group
Based in Boulder, Colo., Zayo Group provides comprehensive Bandwidth Infrastructure services in over 300 markets throughout the US and Europe. Zayo delivers a full suite of lit services and dark fiber products to wireline and wireless customers, data centers, Internet content providers, high-bandwidth enterprises, and government agencies across its robust 79,000 route mile network. The company also offers 27 carrier-neutral colocation facilities across the US. Please visit www.zayo.com for more information about Zayo and its fiber solutions.
- TalkTalk is one of seven partners behind YouView (www.youview.com), the internet-connected TV service, along with the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Arqiva and Five. YouView launched to UK homes in 2012. Visit www.talktalk.co.uk
- TalkTalk is the UK’s leading value-for-money provider of fixed line broadband, voice telephony, TV and mobile services to consumers and business users
- Under the TalkTalk, AOL Broadband and TalkTalk Business brands, TalkTalk serves 4 million customers across the UK
- TalkTalk operates a fully unbundled network, which extends to over 2,979 exchanges and covers more than 96% of the UK population
- TalkTalk is the first ISP to provide HomeSafe, our unique and groundbreaking whole home security and safety service, free of charge, exclusively to our customers. HomeSafe protects every device in the home using a TalkTalk broadband connection and since launch has been activated by more than 1.2 million customers
- HomeSafe was awarded Best Home TV Provider 2013/2014 in the Personal Finance Awards, the Best Value Home Broadband Award in the uSwitch Broadband Awards 2013, the Broadband Innovation Award in the uSwitch Broadband Awards 2012, and the Internet Service Providers¹ Association 2012 Award for Internet Safety and Security
- TalkTalk was voted as Britain¹s best value provider for broadband, phone and TV packages in Which? Satisfaction Survey 2013, and TalkTalk Plus TV was named Best Broadband & TV Package at the Recombu Awards 2013
- Customers can use TalkTalk¹s website, www.talktalk.co.uk to manage their account, use their webmail, resolve any problems and access a range of information and entertainment content
Linhart Public Relations for Zayo