FTT Product Manager
The FTT (Fiber to the Tower). Product Manager will work closely with a focused sales organization taking the lead in developing customer quotes, tracking sales opportunities, and obtaining pricing and capital approval. The role will also include ad-hoc project management of various complex initiatives with focus on growing customer relationships, improving visibility into business performance, refining business processes, and enhancing data integrity.
In addition, the role will require developed expertise in Salesforce.com, measuring, and reporting on key performance metrics, as well as assuming the lead role in a variety of high-priority initiatives with a focus on growing revenue. The job exists at the intersection or product management, process architecture, financial analysis, and sales support.
Ability to understand and concisely articulate key elements of deal structures is essential to success as a Product Manager. Position requires strong attention to detail, but does not require telecommunications experience. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with sales teams, and an individual with a hunger to solve problems and improve operational performance will excel in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engage with sales teams – proactively and reactively – to ensure minimal friction in commercial quoting process
• Project management of various high-priority initiatives with the common objective of improving FTT financial performance and operational efficiency.
• Project scopes will vary considerably, and may include data cleanup efforts, process/system enhancements, and improvement of handoff among internal stakeholders
• Product Manager: 2-4 years of product, financial, or technology analyst experience. Telecommunications industry experience highly preferred
• Education: Undergraduate degree in business, economics, engineering, or other degree requiring analytical aptitude
• Effective Communication: Ability to correspond effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
• Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Strong, advanced-level Excel skills are a required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work across functional boundaries
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
• Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Position will report to the Sr. Manager/Commercial lead for FTT, with regular interaction with other members of the Zayo leadership team.
Zayo Group, LLC is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
A background check will be conducted as part of our employment on-boarding process.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include the POSITION of the job to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.