Video NCC Technician Intern
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering
Job Number: INT-0041
The Zayo Video NCC supports (4) high profile clients in the NBA, Turner, ESPN, and EchoStar, providing each with distinct solutions via multiple formats (Video, compressed video, IP, Ethernet) providing an introduction into how multiple technologies and platforms interact/intertwine. We also provide installation, engineering, and architecture support for the Wave PG, offering opportunities for valuable input from technically sound individuals. Having an intern that’s currently in college, also allows us to consider real world input from consumers of the content we provide.
- Maintain quality control of video, audio, and data transport feeds through analytics and network management systems for transmission over fiber optic networks.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain local access connectivity, including Type II and on-net providers.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain client services delivered via the Live Video Network.
- Applicant must possess a basic knowledge of WAN and LAN network concepts, protocols, and transport technologies not limited to: SONET, WDM, DTM, ATM, MPLS, and IP.
- Awareness of SMPTE standards, including but not limited to: 259M (SD-SDI), 292M (HD-SDI), SMPTE 424M (3G-SDI), and SMPTE 2036-3 (4K)
- Understanding of compressed (JPEG2000 / MPEG) and uncompressed digital signals (video and audio) over network transport systems.
- Understanding of SNMP and experience with monitoring and control systems for quality and service delivery.
- Ability to operate and understand results from test equipment, including but not limited to: Waveform, Vectorscopes, Oscilloscopes, transport stream analyzers, and digital signal monitors.
- Read, comprehend, and distribute information around schematics and technical manuals.
- Awareness knowledge of site power and backup/UPS solutions.
- Coordinating and supporting facilities access.
- Strong customer-facing verbal and written communication.
- Work with Tier II to maintain organization and relevancy related to Live Video information repositories.
- 2 years technical training to diploma level or better in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience in the maintenance and operation of broadcast, transmission, and LAN network transport solutions, equipment, and environments
- Ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional and efficient manner
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.