Tier III Technician – Fiber to Tower
Location: Denver, Tulsa or Allentown,CO, OK or PA     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3385
The Tier III technician is a key member of the FTT (Fiber-to-the-Tower) organization. The candidate will work directly with Engineering, ISP and OSP to install core infrastructure in the FTT Network. Tier III is also responsible for supporting the NCC for any core and telemetry related issues.
- Review network install packages provided by Engineering / Core design.
- Work directly with Architecture to define and document network standards.
- Work with field operations to install core infrastructure to current network standards.
- Always looking for network inconsistencies and working with Engineering or Architecture to correct.
- Assist with network audits to identify equipment or configurations which do not meet current network standards.
- Review and approve large network deployments for both customer and core projects.
- Tier III will work directly with Customer Install to ensure network infrastructure is in place to support pending customer orders.
- Provide support for the NCC. On-call rotation is required.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- (or) 5+ years working in a service provider role supporting layer 2 networks.
- (or) CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional or equivalent
Skills / Knowledge
- Must have experience with Cisco and Cyan hardware.
- Must be Proficient in Layer 2 switched networks. Routing experience a plus.
- Proficient in Ethernet an IP Engineering for both core and customer deployments.
- Proven experience working with service provider networks in a technical capacity for metro Ethernet products.
- Working knowledge of Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards, especially as they relate to wireless backhaul applications.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex collaborative technical documents.
- Flexible schedule to support the deployment of after-hours maintenance requests.
- Must be able to adapt well to a constantly changing environment.
- Must have excellent organization skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication, leadership, & troubleshooting skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.