Technical Support Representative
Location: Englewood or Ashburn,CO or VA     Department: Product
Job Number: VB-12158
Title: Techincal Support Representative
Location: Englewood, CO or Ashburn, VA
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for providing superior customer service in support of our current and next-generation hosting products and will be expected to provide high quality support for customers across multiple data centers by performing the following duties:
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Monitoring and responding to tickets, monitoring alerts, and general inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Working within a team of Service Desk Technicians to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues.
- Communicating with shift replacement personnel on any and all outstanding and escalated issues.
- Detailed documentation of the technical troubleshooting and issue resolution within the Salesforce ticketing system.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and resolve problems related to server operating systems (Red Hat Linux, MS Server 200x), core application stacks (IIS, Apache, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.), network infrastructure (switches, firewalls), and various managed services (managed storage, managed data protection).
- As a trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Resolves operational issues with customers with strict adherence to the company’s Service Level Objectives.
- Maintains the technical/physical integrity of customer solutions.
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires shift work.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry and data center, web hosting services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Quality Assurance skills.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Linux and Microsoft.
- General knowledge of Enterprise level hosting products.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of Solaris, Linux, and/or Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (v4, v6), WAN/LAN topologies and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment
- Must be able to work closely/effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and team interaction skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus
- Preference given for those with technical certification(s)
- Current CCNA a plus
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Flexible work schedule required.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.