Sr. Account Manager
Location: Chicago,IL     Department: Sales
Job Number: VD-12114
- Develop customer relationships and drive sales of Bandwidth Infrastructure to large enterprise companies. Achieve sales and revenue growth targets through consistent account management activities as well as acquiring new accounts. Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive prospecting and selling. A demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role. Reports to the Director of Sales.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo Networks products and services to targeted account base.
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long term commitments
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify, initiate contact with and qualify potential customers.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Collaboratively work as a part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience solution selling into large Accounts
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated success & consistency in achieving targeted sales goals
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building / maintaining skills
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OC-N, IP transport, Dark Fiber, custom access and colocation
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.