Small Cell Engineer
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: VB-13076
Small Cell Engineer
Reports To: Director of RF and Small Cell Operations
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Small Cell Engineer will be responsible for technical project support for Small Cell site design and implementation. The Small Cell Engineer ensures that the deployment and operations of the small cell and microwave networks meet the customer requirements, is compliant with Federal, State and local regulations, and minimizes the cost of ongoing operations. This position will support a wide variety of projects in support of product development, sales engineering, implementation, and operations teams. Responsibilities include equipment engineering and operations for Small Cell site networks, microwave network engineering and operations, qualifying and managing 3rd party RF and operations vendors performing CW testing, propagation modeling, and PIM/Sweep testing. The Small Cell Engineer will interface with the customer engineering and implementation teams, Zayo product, sales, implementation and operations teams.
- Planning and coordination with internal and external organizations in Small Cell RF Equipment designs and transport.
- Initial setup and operation or managing 3rd parties of Atoll or other similar RF propagation software.
- Audit and update small cell hardware and 3rd party equipment in Metasolv and Salesforce
- Select and Manage 3rd party dispatch and RF testing vendors performing CW testing, RF propagation analysis, PIM and Sweep testing.
- Developing and managing product specifications for Antenna, RF components, tower hardware and related power and fiber equipment.
- Antenna, equipment engineering, and MPE analysis support for permitting and Implementation teams.
- Space and RF co-location requirements for multiple operator sites. Engineer and testing for inter-modulation and environmental testing and analysis
- Maintain knowledge of OEM equipment specifications for 3G, 4G, 5G, DAS vendors such as Ericsson, Nokia, CommScope, TE, etc.
- Generate reports in Excel, Access, Salesforce and Metasolv as required.
- Assume the Small Cell Engineering support lead role, manage and co-ordinate activities with Product, Sales and the customer.
- Manage and manage the documentation relating to Wireless standards, and Small Cell designs
- Travel is required 25% or less in support of projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a large wireless telecommunications company as an Engineer within a RAN engineering team.
- Experience with 4G and 5G wireless and equipment engineering
- Experience with RF propagation software modelling (Planet, Atoll, or equivalent)
- Experienced in microwave path engineering and licensing utilizing Pathloss software or equivalent.
- Experienced in communication and presenting to Director level or above positions in a large telecom organization
- Experienced with wireless permitting and site development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related experience
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.