Service Desk Supervisor
Location: Englewood,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-13046
Service Desk Supervisor
Reports To: Manager, Service Delivery
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of a 24×7 client-facing technical support team, centrally located in Ashburn, Virginia to delivery service excellence via the strong knowledge of client service best practices.
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction and experience.
- Hire, develop, and manage a 24×7 Service Desk team to include staffing, coaching, and training.
- Lead effort for reporting and reviewing Service Level Agreements.
- Reporting on all daily functions and any major issues impacting customers
- Provide metrics and statistics on service delivery and support tickets
- Monitors workloads and recommend changes in staffing levels / oversees the appropriate staffing levels/ utilization and productivity of the team – including the maintenance of the daily shift/work schedule.
- Ensures that the staff receives the necessary resources, knowledge, tools, access and training to deliver effective services and support. Provide support QA and performance feedback and coaching to Service Desk technicians on a regular basis.
- Point of escalation for customer issues and outage handling.
- Ensures effective processes (such as categories of services; prioritization models; Incident/Problem/Request Management) and roles are in place for team to identify and resolve technology issues that impact the customers.
- Responsible for meeting quality controls in support of SSAE16 guidelines.
- Facilitate the rapid restoration of high severity tickets using a process that applies appropriate urgency and expertise to the restoration efforts.
- Monitor lower priority tickets for timely and accurate resolutions minimizing the impact to the business and adhering to agreed upon SLAs.
- Track all outages and performance impacting events and facilitate root cause meetings with key stakeholders across the company and with customers as appropriate.
- Facilitate Problem Management with key stakeholders across the company ensuring both reactive root cause analysis and proactive trending as well as incident/problem prevention.
- Manage all incoming Service Desk requests and provide outstanding customer service for all customers and partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience working in a 24×7 data center environment.
- Strong personal drive for ensuring client success with a proactive focus.
- Strong background in a dynamic, problem solving, client service environment.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level management.
- Experience must include knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft commands/utilities, Virtualization, storage administration, firewalls and networking, backup technologies, security and general hosting/networking services.
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft commands/utilities including but not limited to Apache or IIS, FTP, telnet, ssh, SMTP, POP, IMAP.
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, ssh, ftp, smtp.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems for common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, SSH, FTP, SMPT
- Possess strong interpersonal client service and communications skills (written and oral) are required
- Ability to maturely lead and direct technical staff through crisis and escalated situations.
- Be adaptable, able and willing to learn new technologies.
- Working knowledge of enterprise level monitoring tools, and ticketing systems.
- 7+ years client service experience preferred
- 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- 2 + years Managed Hosting/Colocation services experience preferred
- ITIL experience desired
- Computer Science/Engineering BA degree or equivalent work / industry experience.
- Technology industry certification(s)(MCITP, CCNA, RHCE, VCP, ITIL, PMP, etc)
- Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.