Service Desk Manager
Location: Denver,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-13048
US Service Desk Manager
Reports To: Senior Global Service Desk Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The IT Service Desk Manager is an internal customer facing role with a primary focus on delivering 5-star Service and Support to Zayo’s Employees and Product Groups. The successful candidate will work closely with technical resources in the IT Operations & Corporate Network organizations but will also have to foster productive relationships with other functional teams throughout the company.
- Implementing Global Service Desk
- Supporting, managing and maintaining laptops and peripherals across the Enterprise.
- Working with Finance teams/representatives to properly scope, forecast and procure laptops and peripherals as needed to support the business.
- Build, Manage and Lead a “5-Star” Service Desk Team comprised of both on-site and remote personnel.
- Identifying and managing service related issues, working with IT Ops, Network and Security Teams to resolve in a timely manner.
- Handle escalations and customer service issues with professionalism and tact.
- Manage Zayo Printer fleet via 3rd party service provider and continually optimize printer investments while providing for the changing needs of Zayo office locations.
- Manage various vendor relationships successfully; including providers of: IP Phones, Printers, Laptops, Software, Peripherals, Collaboration and Video Conferencing equipment, etc.
- Exhibit excellent and timely communication for company-wide or executive-level dissemination.
- Entering and Managing capital projects, purchase requests and approvals in Salesforce.com and working closely with Finance to ensure accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
- Working closely with internal development resources to drive systems, process and scale improvements within the IT organization.
- Continual focus on cost-effectiveness and cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage various day-to-day and acquisition related tasks (phone system migrations, laptop refreshes, account provisioning/de-provisioning, license and asset management, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical or business emphasis preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years IT Management experience, preferably in a customer service/service desk role.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio & Google Apps Suite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage multiple, often competing priorities.
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting group objectives.
- Customer Service minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound recommendations.
- Commitment to learning and having fun in a dynamic and often stressful environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.