Senior Manager, Procurement
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-14001
Senior Manager, Procurement
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Senior Manager, Procurement innovates and leads an organization of procurement professionals that support global operations. This leader builds strong relationships with both internal and external customers, vendors and coordinates and communicates company requirements across multiple business units. Working nimbly for the ever-changing and growing organization, they deliver against corporate initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, and supplier rationalization.
- Manage sourcing and procurement activities including policies and procedures that support key business objectives.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the firm to ensure consistent and high quality value at the best price.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the company.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to lower costs for the business
- Recruit, develop, and retain high quality procurement professionals
- Oversee strategic and project-based RFP processes and execution.
- Oversee all purchase order processing
- Commercial owner and primary negotiator for vendor contract T&Cs (construction, equipment [purchase and maintenance], scopes of work, staff-aug contractors, etc.)
- Maintains strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Executive reporting of monthly/quarterly/yearly On-PO spend analysis for trends and savings opportunities
- Consistently endeavors to streamline and scale processes as the business changes and grows
- Procurement: 7+ years of experience managing global Procurement department, supply chain management, and financial reporting. Telecommunications experience is a plus.
- Education:Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree a plus) in Business, Economics or a closely related
- Effective Communication: Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Application Proficiency: Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a significant plus. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP and/or Oracle is also a plus. Must have proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfort with MS Access a plus.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven commercial awareness and experience of delivering cost savings
- Excellent contract negotiation, vendor management, and contract management skills
- Strong financial and accounting acumen, with strong experience in budgeting, forecasting, and cost management
- Innovative, nimble, accountable, and decisive leadership traits.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.