Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Finance
Job Number: VB-13097
Senior Internal Auditor
Boulder, CO / Denver, CO
Reports To: Internal Audit Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Zayo Group is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to be part of the growing Internal Audit function. The position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit and is based in our Boulder or Denver, CO office. We are looking for someone who is a high-functioning team player with the ability to proactively identify areas of risk/process failure, build relationships with process owners, and perform hands-on, detailed audit work. The candidate should be extremely motivated, a self-starter, looking for opportunities to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
• Assess the design of business process controls related to financial reporting processes and test the controls for operating effectiveness pursuant to our annual Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessment process.
• Advise management on resolution of identified deficiencies and act as a subject matter expert.
• Assist in the performance of business process scoping, control rationalization, risk prioritization, and enterprise risk management.
• Manage assignments, develop value-add recommendations, and effectively communicate audit results to management.
• Proactively follow-up, track, and close out identified audit findings.
• Work effectively with external consultants and external auditors.
• Big Four external or internal audit experience required. 4+ years of audit, some of it at a public company. Global experience is preferred.
• BA/BS degree required, CPA or CIA designation preferred.
• Experience with auditing in technology / telecom industry.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously across different functional groups with minimal day-to-day guidance.
• Ability to influence cross-functional collaboration and interact with various business leaders throughout the company globally.
• Thorough understanding of the COSO framework and International Standards for the Professional Practice Internal Auditing.
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
• Fitness membership discounts
• Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.