Location: New York,     Department: Sales
Job Number: VB-13089
Sales Director-New York
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position plays a key role in the growth and expansion of our customer base and product offerings and services at Zayo Group. The Sales Director is primarily responsible for providing coaching, leadership, and development to a team of Account Executives and Account Directors, as well as providing sales leadership within Zayo. Ensure teams achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and provide guidance and counsel throughout the sales process to drive the sales cycle to closure.
- Lead a team to generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to targeted account base.
- Provide coaching to the Account Executives in the sale of Zayo products and services.
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long term commitments.
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify, initiate contact with and qualify potential customers.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate the latest Zayo products and services.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Zayo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Zayo in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience solution selling into large accounts
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading successful sales teams
- Existing Carrier contacts, understanding of Carrier Network architecture and OSP
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals
Other Requirements or Information
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building / maintaining skills
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Complete understanding of Zayo value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP transport, Dark Fiber, custom access and colocation
- Approximately 30-50% travel requirement.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.