Sales Director- Chicago
Location: Chicago,IL     Department: Sales
Job Number: VB-13032
Sales Director- Chicago
Reports To: VP of Sales
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
A successful Sales Director at Zayo will play a key role in developing and executing on a growth strategy in their geographic territory. Their responsibilities include balancing an existing account base and new prospect list to be managed by their team of sales representatives. The Sales Director provides coaching, leadership, and will be responsible for the development of their team and overall execution on the strategy for their territory. They are accountable for setting team targets and objectives, accurate forecasting and the overall achievement of quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Lead a team in an assigned geographic territory to generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo products and services to targeted account base.
- Foster a team environment focused on high energy, relentless prospecting activity and professionalism in approach to develop solutions for customers and manage long-term relationships.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business climate in their geographic territory and develop a business strategy to maximize success for their team.
- Provide coaching to the Account Executives in the sale of Zayo products and services to Enterprise target accounts, as well as education, medical institution, and other customers relevant to the success of their territory.
- Participate in the sales cycle when necessary to help with development of sales representatives.
- Develop and maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long term commitments.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of detailed demonstration of Zayo’s portal along with sales presentations that demonstrate the latest Zayo products and services.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Zayo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and ensure that the team is developing and presenting solutions to secure new business.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Zayo in the marketplace.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years experience solution selling into large accounts
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading successful sales teams
- Existing Enterprise contacts, understanding of network architectures, Data Centers, Cloud environments and nuances of fiber construction including OSP practices
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building / maintaining skills
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process
- Effective problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Complete understanding of Zayo’s overall value proposition, along with specific product knowledge to includes services such as Dark Fiber, Wavelengths, Ethernet, IP transport, Cloud Services and Colocation
- Approximately 10% travel requirement outside of territory.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.