RFP Response Specialist
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Business Ops
Job Number: VB-12166
RFP Response Specialist
This full-time role, reporting to Zayo’s Director of K-12 & E-Rate, is to ensure that all qualified RFPs are responded to in a satisfactory manner and within the prescribed time frame. This individual will work cross functionally to deliver high quality, technically competent, winning responses to new and existing business opportunities. They will also manage the proposal process and serve as the lead interface with teaming partners and external suppliers.
- Looking for an individual who wants to help build a team from the ground up.
- Manages and maintains an RFP Library so that completion of RFPs can be done faster/easier each time
- Manages the process for the response to all RFPs. Responsible for orchestrating the input, flow, content and synchronization of all departments providing data for a bid (e.g. finance, operations, human resources, site selection, capacity planning, pricing, etc.)
- Ensures all departments in the RFP process provide timely, accurate inputs for the RFP response. Develops, maintains and instructs sales team members and other cross functional departments on Proposal and Content management processes
- Produces a proposal calendar, conducts research and gathers information from multiple sources (e.g. finance, operations, human resources, site selection, capacity planning, pricing, etc.)
- Creates responses in Microsoft Word and possibly Google Docs
- Utilize Salesforce.com to log applicable RFP/470 responses such that Zayo has a record associated with all applicable RFP/470s
- If necessary, utilize Google Earth to generate a geographical map associated with viable opportunities and distribute to appropriate Zayo stakeholders
- Interfaces with the Director of K-12 & E-Rate as needed to help form Zayo’s response and procure input/data from internal stakeholders
- Works with internal stakeholders to get needed information to help triage a RFP/470
- Speak with potential customers to gain clarity on what’s being asked in the RFP/470
- Performs analysis as needed on wins, losses, and market trends.
- Grow knowledge of current SLD (Schools and Library Division) E-Rate rules
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations and write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to analyze RFPs, produce high level summary and provide a snapshot on the proposal requirements.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite and of products.
- Helpful if knowledgeable on the Google Docs suite
- Demonstrated effective project management, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure needed business outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude to identify opportunities for change, identify alternative best practice solutions and anticipate future problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrated problem identification and problem resolution skills used to effectively determine and implement alternative solutions and bring issues to a positive resolution.
- Effective problem solving skills used to identify and resolve day-to-day operation and employee relations problems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to effectively develop and lead a high performing team in meeting function/department/company short-term goals and objectives. Ability to take charge and get results within a team environment.
- Demonstrated change management aptitude and ability. Takes a proactive role in bring about change, applying new ways to develop the business through improved management of people and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts verbally and in writing and adopts writing style and language to fit the situation/audience.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.