Regional Service Management, Dark Fiber Solutions
Location: Herndon,VA     Department: Service Delivery
Job Number: LH-1011
Regional Service Management, Dark Fiber Solutions
Herndon, VA or New York City, NY
Reports To: Director – Service & Capacity Management
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Regional Service Management is responsible for managing the overall quality of service for all DFS products within the region, supporting both external and internal customers (i.e., lit services product groups).
This position will build a strong Customer/Supplier relationship with the NCC, OSP, and Field Ops teams within the region to ensure high network service quality for end customers. This position will oversee management of the dark fiber network, improving network quality identifying and solving reoccurring events that create network outages.
Serve as a key escalation point of contact with customers in the event that network outages are not restored within agreed upon timeframes. Provide clear and frequent communication between customers and Zayo management on status of critical emergency restorations.
- Own dark fiber network quality across the region (including metro dark fiber, long haul dark fiber, dark FTT, lit FTT, Private Waves networks, and small cell products)
- Establish track, manage to operational key performance indicators (KPIs) including MTTR, and fault failure rate. Establish regular reporting on trouble ticket volume, MTTR, preventative maintenance activities and solution progress.
- Act as customer representative to Zayo’s field operations/OSP organization as external vendors
- Develop and nurture operational relationships with key customers in the region
- Develop and manage Net Ops budget, and continually seek opportunities to reduce Net Ops cost structure
- More specific responsibilities are as follows:
|Outages/Repairs||Monitor handling of outages & repairs; perform post mortems and improve processes. Notify Regional SVP of fiber outages and keep SVP abreast with updates during outage. Follow-up with key customer during and after service is restored|
|Proactive Network Repair||Owning Project Management of required network improvement projects to proactively reduce and prevent recurring outage issues in areas where network is not stable.|
|Metric Reporting||Report on overall service mgmt. results, as well as customer-specific periodic service reviews|
|Financial oversight and management of 3rd party fiber providers||Coordinate all 3rd party fiber requests within the East Region for Sales and Sales Engineering
Ensure costs of services are well understood and associated with right transactions in Salesforce.
|Salesforce audits||Ensure Expenses are accurate and link to appropriate object in Salesforce, i.e.; Service, ZCon, Fiber Detail Record, etc.|
|Expense Savings||Continually review existing East Region expenses and identify cost savings opportunities. i.e.; disco/groom existing services were possible.|
|Billing & collections||Work with Financial Cost Analysis team to ensure customers are properly invoiced and pay for services, such as relocations and damage claims.|
Education / Experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational roles for a telecommunications carrier
- 5+ years of operations management experience with responsibility for OSP and/or Field Operations functions
- Demonstrated ability to establish, measure, and manage to operational key performance indicators (KPIs) including MTTR, and fault failure rate
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing network operating expense budgets
- BS/BA degree in business or technical field
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to establish and clearly communicate objectives and manage cross-functional team to achieve objectives
- Working knowledge of fiber network construction, maintenance and emergency restoration processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external contractors
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with Customers
- Strong people management, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Experience utilizing project management databases and tracking systems to effectively manage project schedules
- Excellent internal and external team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work hours, including ability to respond to outage events outside of normal working hours, with ability to travel as needed
- Adept at working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.