Regional Implementation Director
Location: Denver or Bay Area,CO or CA     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-12152
Regional Implementation Director
The Regional Implementation Director is responsible for the overall successful implementation of all Fiber-to-the-Tower (FTT) projects within a given geographic region. This position manages a team of project managers who manage all aspects of the FTT planning and implementation schedule, ensuring that all tasks are forecasted, completed and reported as committed. This role requires the ability to create and maintain a cohesive and functional alignment of all internal and external resources required to successfully implement the assigned FTT projects.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct management of multiple Project Managers and ISP (Inside Plant) Construction Managers within the region
- Oversight, and ultimate ownership, of project schedules and budgets managed by Project Managers within the region
- A working knowledge of all aspects of Zayo’s FTT processes including but not limited too:
- Access Management – lease negotiations and construction drawings.
- Civil construction – site preparation and permitting.
- Equipment installation – equipment type’s and cabling
- Network provisioning, test and turn up – CLR’s and testing requirements
- Customer acceptance and billing – contractual requirements
- Budget forecast, tracking and reporting.
- Establish and maintain project work schedules in alignment with the customer’s requirements.
- Insure data integrity to provide accurate and timely reporting
- Project status reviews and escalation to prevent date slippage.
- Pro-active identification of potential slips to the schedule, and escalation to Zayo Management along with proposed alternatives and mitigation plans
- Diligent tracking and follow up of all issues and actions- encountered by either Zayo, subcontractors or customers
- Provide real time direction to multiple functions to insure project timelines and contractual commitments are met.
- Communication and escalation of any contractual, technical or scheduling requirements that are in jeopardy.
- Internal escalation to Zayo Management for any sensitive issues that could cause customer dissatisfaction or relationship issues.
- Precise knowledge of the customer’s rollout schedule and pro-active identification of any plan changes that could impact delivery commitments.
- Continuous communications with the customer’s project personnel or their designated representatives.
- 5-10 years of fiber or wireless implementation and project management experience, with at least 3 years of large scale experience (500+ sites)
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the telecommunications industry, including
- Working knowledge of site acquisition, permitting and construction processes
- Ability to select and manage subcontractors for site acquisition, permitting and construction work
- Experience and relationships with major wireless carriers preferred
- Strong people management, motivation and interpersonal skills
- Experience utilizing project management databases and tracking systems to effectively manage project schedules and budgets
- Excellent internal and external team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work hours and ability to travel as needed
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.