Regional Director, Business Development
Location: LA or SFO,CA     Department: Business Ops, Sales
Job Number: VD-12128
The Regional Director, Business Development (RDBD) role at zColo is tasked with developing, implementing, managing and measuring strategic initiatives targeting specific accounts within their defined geographical region in order to increase/drive colocation revenue growth:
zColo Penetration of TAP 250 -The RDBD will have responsibility for engaging the senior level executives within TAP 250 accounts to ensure they clearly understand our data center footprint, strategy and product road map. Key to success in the role will be to understand the customers mid and longer term data center strategy and requirements and to embed zColo solutions into their planning process.
Success will required close coordination with the account team and will be measured by the increase in funnel and sales to those targeted accounts.
Sales Enablement – RDBD is tasked with both enabling and driving sale team engagement in colocation sales through education, targeting support, executive level presentation and other tools and methods needed to support the field sales organization success in attaining their assigned colocation sales targets.
Complex Deal Support – Assist the direct sales team within a geographic region in providing presentations, developing proposal and negotiating contracts with larger and more complex deals for which the account team has requested product team support. Provide insight on competitive landscape and pricing strategies and ensure accurate reporting in SFDC . Success shall be measured based upon overall sales performance against targets for defined region.
Strategic Partnership – Work to identify potential opportunities to partner with new and existing customers on new builds, lease back and other unique partnerships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to use salesforce.com or other similar sales tools/disciplined approaches.
- Comprehensive understanding of telecommunications products, with clear presentation methods.
- Ability to create solutions for customers needing guidance for their telecommunications network.
- Demonstrated ability to sell to all levels inside an organization (C-Level to network operators)
- Segment Analyst: Minimum 3+ years sales experience including working knowledge of business customer applications in data center, IP, data and voice services
- Solid understanding of the colocation and data center business with a minimum of 5-7 years of direct experience selling colocation services
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, finance, or economics
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Successful experience in account management role supporting small to mid-size business customers
- Experience working with referral partners and or sales agents
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skillsProblem solving skills – with the ability to resolve customer issues or seek proper internal resources to facilitate resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, facilitate customer service, and solve problems
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.