Project Manager – Dark Fiber Solutions
Location: Sandy Springs or Atlanta,GA     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3411
The Dark Fiber PM is responsible for the overall successful implementation of Zayo’s Dark Fiber deployment projects. This position manages all aspects of the planning and implementation schedule insuring that all tasks are completed and reported as committed. This role also requires the ability to enable a cohesive and functional alignment of all internal and external organizations required to successfully implement the assigned projects.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- A working knowledge of all aspects of Zayo’s processes including but not limited too:
- Access Management – lease negotiations and construction drawings.
- Civil construction – site preparation and permitting.
- Equipment installation – equipment type’s and cabling
- Network provisioning, test and turn up – CLR’s and testing requirements
- Customer acceptance and billing – contractual requirements
- Budget forecast, tracking and reporting.
- Establish and maintain project work schedules in alignment with the customer’s requirements.
- Insure data integrity to provide accurate and timely reporting
- Project status reviews and escalation to prevent date slippage.
- Provide real time direction to multiple functions to insure project timelines and contractual commitments are met.
- Internal escalation to Zayo Management for any sensitive issues that could cause customer dissatisfaction or relationship issues.
- Precise knowledge of the Customer’s Roll Out Schedule and pro-active identification of any plan changes that could impact delivery commitments.
- Pro-active identification of potential slips to the schedule will be escalated to Zayo Management, upon which Zayo Management will be responsible for the decision to allow the slip
- Diligent tracking and follow up of all issues and actions- encountered by either Zayo or the Customer
- Ensure test packages are properly recorded and placed in appropriate repository
- Ensure an appropriate close out package is built and reviewed prior to delivery to customer
- Drive appropriate teams to compile, QC and deliver in required timeframe.
- Ensure delivery of all documentation contractually required.
- Set up timely status calls with customer to notify of progress & issues
- Have weekly calls with internal team
- Weekly status of project to management team
- Communication and escalation of any contractual, technical or scheduling requirements that are in jeopardy.
- Continuous and transparent communications with the customers project personnel or their designated representatives.
- Daily calls if required to manage critical path items that could severely jeopardize delivery timeline
- Track footage daily and measure against delivery timeframe, readout if believe jeopardies exist
- Communicate to all post installation stakeholders of all service requirements for service via signed MSA or SO, especially if unique in nature, teams may be NCC, OSP, CSM, Sales or Field
- Engage with sales teams – proactively and reactively – to ensure minimal friction in quoting and ordering Zayo Dark Fiber solutions.
- Verify sales data accuracy and completion, and routinely interact with sales, finance, accounting, and operations in order to improve or update data.
- Define, measure and report on key business performance metrics, and determine data clean-up efforts and/or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality and accuracy of these metrics
- Project management of various high-priority initiatives with the common objective of improving financial performance and operational efficiency. Project scopes will vary considerably, but may include data cleanup efforts, process/system enhancements, product training, and improvement of handoff among internal stakeholders.
- High level of Telecommunication Products and Services knowledge
- Strong Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Experience with project management databases and tracking systems (Excel skills are paramount)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Google Earth, and other GIS tools.
- Excellent Internal and External Team Building Skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with customers and internal support teams to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Familiar with OTDR emulation software and ability to analyze fiber optic trace data
- 3-5 Years Project Management Experience preferred
- Flexible Work Hours and Travel
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.