Project Accounting Manager
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Accounting
Job Number: LB-14304
Zayo Group is a fast growing facilities-based telecommunications service provider located in Boulder, Colorado. We are seeking a Hands-On Project Accounting Manager with experience in managing a team of 7-10 employees, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets and Work in Progress to join our busy and growing finance department.
- Monthly Reconciliations of accounts related to capital reporting
- Management of Construction Service Projects and COGS accruals
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close as it related to Capital reporting
- Review of Project Accounting team’s work to ensure accuracy and compliance of SOX controls and established company policies
- Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals
- Supervising the Project Accounting team including assisting in professional development and cultivating a positive team environment.
- Assist in Quarter/Year-End Audit schedules and requests
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years relevant accounting experience showing progressive growth in related accounting role
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Management experience (team of 5+ employees)
- Experience in Project Accounting, Fixed Assets and WIP (Work in Progress) desired
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills required
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; must be able to multi-task and have high energy with a strong work ethic
- Must have demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics systems or SalesForce.com a plus
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.