Product Manager – Metro Dark Fiber – Canada & EU
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: CH-3394
This role will be dedicated to the support and growth of Zayo’s Canada and EU markets. While many of the responsibilities outlined below are typical of a Zayo Product Manager role, this particular position will be more oriented towards sales growth and business development in these markets.
A successful Product Manager will be responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy. This includes P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Product Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the bandwidth infrastructure business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s dark fiber product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market
- Responsible for engaging proactive customer campaigns, including in-person meetings and events to drive sales and meet quarterly targets
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements / developments
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis
- Responsibility for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations
- Responsibility for product segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial product management experience, telecommunications industry specific experience a plus.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior product, sales and/or sales engineering experience with telecommunications services a plus.
- Travel ~25% of the time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or higher with an engineering or business related focus is required. A minimum of three years’ experience working in a product management or financial analysis position is preferred.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.