Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: VB-14009
Reports To: Senior Director
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
A successful Product Manager will be responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy. This includes P&L management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Product Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the bandwidth infrastructure business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis.
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements / developments.
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis.
- Responsibility for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations.
- Responsibility for product segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Prior product, sales and/or sales engineering experience with Layer 1 services (dark fiber and/or transport) a plus.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial product management experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
- NP Not Present
- O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
- F Frequent (26% – 74% of time)
|Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.||X|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.||X|
|Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.||X|
|Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.||X|
|Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.||X|
|Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.||X|
|Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.||X|
|Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.||X|
|Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.||X|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.||X|
|Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.||X|
|Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.||X|
|Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexion or rotation of the wrist or spine.||X|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.||X|
|Hearing: Receiving detail information through oral communication.||X|
|Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.||X|
- C Constant (75% – 100% of time)
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.