Product Manager-Fiber Solutions
Location: Akron,OH     Department: Product
Job Number: VB-13049
Product Manager – Fiber Solutions
Akron, OH, Cleveland, OH or Reading, PA
Reports To: Regional Implementation Manager
This Product Manager role at Zayo is primarily responsible for conducting business analytics in our Fiber Solutions Regional Group that supports Zayo’s Construction Services function for a specific energy industry customer. The role is responsible for data analysis, financial modeling, contract offering and reviews, customer management, SF.com product management, and service and ultimate presentation of business recommendations to Senior Leadership focused on high dollar opportunities related to deals for Construction Services program.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Responsible for independently developing presentations that summarize business analysis
- Responsible for data integrity in support of business analysis
- Accountable for independently gathering key data and inputs from owners across the organization
- Responsibility for gathering key information on the competitive environment and conducting analysis
- Responsibility for project managing customer driven and product driven initiatives across stakeholder organizations
- Proactive and regular interaction with key stakeholders including Customer, Sales, Finance, Engineering, Outside Plant and Legal is key
- Opportunity to indirectly manage a team of resources to get tasks completed on time and accurate
Scope of Position:
Works under general supervision. No supervisory responsibility. This position has a direct impact on customer satisfaction and sales. Failure to effectively perform the essential functions of the job can result in customer dissatisfaction and could result in long-term negative interactions or significant short or long-term impact on revenues. This is a somewhat complex position requiring knowledge of company products, systems, practices, and billing procedures. This position requires the ability to effectively communicate while researching billing or service issues and to respond in a patient and meaningful way to customer questions and complaints.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering, economics or other degree requiring analytical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Proficiency in Google or MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoints, & Google Docs is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work across functional boundaries
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act) Requires constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on uneven surfaces, grasping and crouching. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 10-20 pounds. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
- Experience working in the telecommunications industry.
- Understanding of the Energy Industry in particular Power Transmission, SCADA, OPGW, ADSS, and other various forms of fiber construction
- Experience providing phone support and responding to questions regarding billings and service.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.