Product Analyst – Dark Fiber
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Product
Job Number: CH-3396
The Product Analyst position at Zayo working with the Dark Fiber team is responsible for business performance reporting, sales process support, and ad-hoc project management of various complex Product initiatives. An effective Product Analyst will work closely with a distributed sales organization and become an expert in supporting Salesforce.com, our Customer Relationship Management platform, in order to assist them in developing customer quotes, tracking sales opportunities, processing orders, and obtaining pricing and capital approval. In addition, the role will require expertise in defining, measuring, and reporting on key business performance metrics, as well as assuming the lead role in a great variety of high priority initiatives with a focus on growing revenue, improving visibility into business performance, enhancing data integrity, or refining business processes. The job exists at the intersection or product management, process architecture, financial analysis, and sales support.
Ability to understand complex system dependencies and make decisions based on Product Management rules is essential. Position requires strong technical aptitude and attention to detail, but does not require telecommunications experience. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with sales teams, and an individual with a hunger to solve problems and improve operational performance will excel in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with sales teams – proactively and reactively – to ensure minimal friction in quoting and ordering Zayo Dark Fiber solutions.
- Verify sales data accuracy and completion, and routinely interact with sales, finance, accounting, and operations in order to improve or update data.
- Define, measure and report on key business performance metrics, and determine data clean-up efforts and/or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality and accuracy of these metrics.
- Project management of various high-priority initiatives with the common objective of improving financial performance and operational efficiency. Project scopes will vary considerably, but may include data cleanup efforts, process/system enhancements, product training, and improvement of handoff among internal stakeholders.
- Product Analyst: 0-2 years of product, financial, or technology analyst experience. Telecommunications industry experience preferred but not required.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or other degree requiring analytical aptitude
- Effective Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of functional teams, and strong interpersonal skills for supporting and advising sales teams on proper systems and process
- Application Proficiency: Proficiency in the MS Office suite of tools with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail, superb organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work across functional boundaries
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a number of variables in dynamic situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.