People Operations Business Partner
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: VB-13024
People Operations Business Partner
Reports To: Segment GC
Zayo Group provides communications infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The People Operations Business Partner (POps Partner) is responsible for managing all of the day to day aspects of the employment lifecycle for employees within their assigned business segment. This includes recruiting assistance, onboarding, employee data management, employee relations, training and development, employee engagement, leaves of absence, and delivery of corporate compensation and benefits programs. The Pops Partner will work to align business objectives and employee program initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness within their business segment. They will engage with executive leadership and management to provide strategic HR consulting, coaching, operational guidance, and solutions. The POps Partner should have a basic understanding of the legal principles governing the employment relationship. This role will have the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly and will be able to communicate needs proactively.
- Serves as People Operations Business Partner in support of a business segment.
- Provides value-added human resources support and counsel to employees, managers and senior business leaders to enable the business segment to achieve its strategic and operational objectives.
- Provides coaching to senior leaders and people managers on leadership and management skills.
- Develops and implements communications programs to increase employee engagement and morale.
- Assists managers with successful onboarding for new employees and off-boarding for exiting employees.
- Partners with corporate People Operations Team on various activities including: Hires, Transfers, Promotions, Separations, Retirements, Disability, FMLA, Unemployment, Workers Compensation, Benefits, etc.
- Manages communications/coordination of company programs and initiatives.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of workplace issues and develops effective and pragmatic solutions.
- Maintain electronic files for employees in the business segment, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
- Conducts internal investigations related to employee complaints of inappropriate conduct that may violate company policy. Develops approach, questions, and leads investigation interviews. Documents results, reviews with Legal and recommends appropriate action.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines and identifies opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Implements Company directed compensation program.
- Uses data and analytics to ensure business leaders make fact based decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably with a concentration in Human Resources or Management.
- 2-5 years prior work experience in human resources.
- General knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, employee relations, recruitment, and compensation.
- Self-motivated, extremely organized multitasker, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in handling routine and non-routine situations.
- Able to lead discussions, influence and negotiate, and effectively engage and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand and adapt to change.
- Handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy and discretion and safeguard confidential and proprietary company and employee information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar.
- Experience in Workday and Salesforce helpful.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry or other highly technical environment helpful.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
- NP Not Present
- O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
- F Frequent (26% – 74% of time)
- C Constant (75% – 100% of time)
|Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.||X|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.||X|
|Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.||X|
|Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.||X|
|Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.||X|
|Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.||X|
|Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.||X|
|Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.||X|
|Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.||X|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.||X|
|Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.||X|
|Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.||X|
|Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist or spine.||X|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.||X|
|Hearing: Receiving detailed information through oral communication.||X|
|Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.||X|
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.