Location: Denver,CO     Department: Engineering, Operations
Job Number: CH-3386
The FTT OSS Engineer is a key member of the FTT (Fiber-to-the-Tower) organization. In collaboration with the FTT architectural and engineering teams they will work to deploy support systems using open source and off the shelf software. These support systems will use a combination of automation systems to ensure the data integrity of the network and the database of record.
- Development and integration of processes and systems that support automated provisioning and tracking of network elements as objects in a database
- Work with Development and OSS resources to conduct customized integration of homegrown and 3rd party applications
- Creation of in house tools to reduce manual intervention and increase productivity of the frontline technical teams
- User Support Coordination, carry out configuration management on the OSS systems to ensure that the systems are running optimally and that the end user experience is optimized for the operation and maintenance of the Layer2/Layer3 networks.
- Collaborate with the architectural team to develop and roll out network configuration policies, new tools for automation of element deployment identify and develop solutions to new challenges presented by the network operations team.
- Apply network performance and network capacity planning/management methodologies and tools to the operational network.
- Develop installation and test documentation in support of OSS deployments.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Skills / Knowledge
- Experience with implementing Network, Server and Application Monitoring
- Scripting experience with tools like Perl, Python, PHP, etc
- UNIX/Linux administration experience
- Experience with managing querying MySQL and Oracle databases
- Strong knowledge of Network Management Systems (NMS): Sevone, Nagios, HP Openview, etc.
- SNMP knowledge and understanding a MUST, prior experience working in an analyst capacity for SNMP related projects is highly preferred
- Experience with implementing third party Software tools
- Experience gathering requirements from stakeholders and engineering teams
- Strong communication, leadership, troubleshooting & consultation skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong negotiation skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for complex issues, escalating those that require management involvement when necessary
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.