OSP Project Manager
Location: Sandy Springs / Atlanta,GA     Department: Operations
Job Number: DR-12447
This position is primarily responsible for providing end-to-end customer support, solutions, planning and implementing fiber connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, handling customer service requests, coordinating installations, executing and serving as single point of contact for customers, post-sale, providing direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution and communication of projects / orders for customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Single point of contact for managing applications and relationship to ILEC and / or other conduit / structure lease and joint build efforts.
- Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroad. Working in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements.
- Oversees timely permitting submittal and on time performance of engineering and construction vendors.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
- Coordinates and facilitates with internal and external resources to effect the timely completion of projects.
- Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed may involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
- Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Works within a Data Center environment implementing customer-installation projects and services.
- Creates and tracks project budgets in relationship to Network Operations.
- Provides direct interface with customers, subcontractors, jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel. Supports customer meetings as necessary which requires in person meetings and travel to client and/or construction sites.
- Oversees procurement of equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
- Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking thereof.
- Verify and update project documentation.
- Timely tracking of project progress and budget in Salesforce and manual tracker.
- Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders in Salesforce.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience. Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols.
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- The employee must occasionally perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Full ability and willingness to pull on call duty when assigned, as dictated by the needs of the business
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.