Office Manager Receptionist
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Human Resources
Job Number: LB-14315
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position is located at our headquarters in Boulder, CO and the expectation is for the person to be present in the office each day. This role is primarily responsible for general reception and office manager functions to include managing the reception desk, scheduling conference rooms and appointments, providing information to callers, ensuring conference rooms are stocked, and other administrative and business requests upon request.
- Answers and screens telephone calls; provides information to callers, takes messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals; arranges and sets up conference calls.
- Greets visitors kindly and pleasantly while handling inquiries and directs them to the appropriate person(s) according to needs.
- Routes incoming mail, faxes and deliveries; handles outgoing mail, special deliveries and courier services including FedEx services.
- Manages all conference room schedules and “hoteling” desk schedules.
- Interfaces with IT team to ensure office technology is functional and operates all office technology such as fax machines, copiers, phone systems, WIFI and A/V equipment, including projectors, LCD connections and AppleTV.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Orders and maintains office supplies; arranges for equipment maintenance, janitorial servicing schedules.
- Orders and maintains food and beverage requirements for conference rooms and catering for executive meetings.
- Arranges travel – airfare, train, car service, meals, activities and hotel, both domestic and international for top executives or guests when needed.
- Obtains appropriate signatures for documents.
- Prepares meeting and marketing material including PowerPoint presentations and printed/bound marketing collateral.
- Maintains busy business and personal calendars: schedules meetings, appointments, conferences and activities and tracks using Google Calendar and iPhone apps.
- Maintains contacts in Salesforce.com and Google Contacts.
- Prepares materials and ensure appropriate follow-up for all meetings.
- Coordinates flow of information and documents between senior staff, board members, and investors.
- Reconciles and prepares expense reports for top executives when requested.
- Manages personal items such as gift purchases, occasional shopping/errands, and event coordination.
- Assists with event planning and management when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or one to two years related reception/office management experience required.
- High-touch client service and/or executive level administrative experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to write a variety of materials to different audiences.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and under tight deadlines, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Superior interpersonal skills with high level of professional intelligence.
- Desire to implement structures/systems to increase efficiency, organization, and transparency.
- Cooperative team player with the ability to both lead and follow.
- Expert technical skills on both Mac and PC, proficient at Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Google Docs, Excel or quick study capability.
- Creativity with PowerPoint presentations.
- Self-assured, reliant, and confident, endures pressure and change with grace.
- Experience planning all details associated with board meetings, customer meetings or other complex events/parties.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Requires individual to be present, in the office, and at the reception desk on a daily basis to complete tasks.
- Constant talking, hearing, and prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting, carrying, and twisting.
- Occasional driving required.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
- Requires minimal travel between various Colorado offices.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.