Location: Denver,CO     Department: Admininstrative/clerical
Job Number: VB-13070
Reports To: Sr Project Manager, Corp Facilities
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Performs administrative and clerical duties as directed for the assigned location. Works under general supervision, both independently and within a team environment. No supervisory responsibility. The position is structured. Position may handle confidential information requiring discretion. Position has multiple tasks with priorities that may be modified due to the changing environment. Frequent internal contact with employees; frequent external contact with investors, customers and vendors.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail. Sort and distribute department mail; retrieve mailings and documents from other departments as needed
- Reconfigure office space/conference rooms to facilitate a range of corporate functions and events as directed by management.
- Security monitoring and badge management. Security system updates for multiple locations
- Point of contact for office security and maintenance issues
- Conference room management, includes schedule administration, catering management for large meetings, snack supply.
- General office administration and communications
- Coordinate office/facility maintenance as necessary
- Answer, screen, and redirect incoming calls; take messages as needed
- Office alarm management
- Coordinate visitor/guest office accommodations
- Cube and furniture management. Coordinate seating assignments, moves, and furniture requests
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager on office supply purchases, i.e. coffee, office & kitchen supplies, etc….
- Weekly supply stocking of kitchens and printers with paper.
- Point of contact for all vendors (office security, maintenance issues, and vending machines)
- Perform other related duties or projects as assigned
- Ad Hoc projects for various departments as necessary
- High school diploma or the equivalent in training and experience. Demonstrated (2-4 years) administrative experience indicating knowledge of office procedures and office equipment. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated understanding of personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, Google business and database. Notary Public. Experience answering a multi-line telephone system. Detail orientation skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to meet inflexible deadlines.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
Requires continuous sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling and walking on uneven surfaces. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of from 1-25 pounds. Requires somewhat frequent keyboarding work. Close detail work requiring visual acuity. Must be able to perform primarily sedentary work.
- Associates degree in Business or a related field. Experience working in the telecommunications industry.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.