Network Technician II
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Operations
Job Number: DR-12405
This position is responsible for understanding Routing and Switching technologies to support a global network infrastructure. Plays a key role in building future network design on time and at cost. Foster strong relationships with all internal business units. Assists in making engineering standards and product specifications more efficient. Creates targeted plans from simple to complex network designs. Assists in future network design based on the overall budgets and helps schedule the completion based on requirements. Works closely with the Operations and Field Services to provide completion of projects.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Engineer and design solutions, which can include public and private telecommunications networks.
- Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; develop operating procedures; train operating personnel; and provide on-going technical support.
- Manage network capacity and utilization based on engineering and technical guidelines established by engineering requirements of the network.
- Interact between internal groups and provide recommendations and support.
- Record and track orders and complete tickets to meet requested service dates.
- Develop and recommend strategies to address specific telecommunications, connectivity and related service needs.
- Provide technical support to internal work groups. As the system expert, has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the assigned systems, including its design basis, vendor equipment, operating characteristics, and required maintenance.
- Assist in standardization for configuring network equipment. Provision new circuits, routers, and other network equipment as required by service.
- Telecommunications experience or equivalent, (CCNP or CCNA) preferred
- Understanding of Cisco networking and troubleshooting along with other vendors
- Troubleshooting Experience
- Familiarity with Routing and Switching, VPNs, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent
- Understanding of Network Routing and Switching (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, MPLS, IPSEC, VRRP, HSRP, VLANs, ACLs, etc.)
Other Requirements or Information
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage competing priorities
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.