Network Expense Analyst
Location: Denver/Boulder,CO     Department: Finance
Job Number: DR-12441
This position is primarily responsible for all Network Expense tracking and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains inventory of all circuits and MACD activity.
- Insures accuracy of all network related expenses, and investigates and closes all open disputes.
- Responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities and escalating opportunities to management
- Review and approve vendor invoices for payment with proper General Ledger coding.
- Interpreting and comparing invoiced services against quoted contract rates/tariffs and internal inventory.
- Tracking and resolving billing disputes/discrepancies with various carriers; present escalation issues, status reports and findings to manager
- Account reconciliation – Researching past due balances to ensure they are cleared in a timely manner
- Ability to understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Works with many teams within the organization for validation of cost
- Provide financial support and data analysis
- Assistance in month-end processes, including variance analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages.
- Knowledge of Accounting software (Great Plains); Inventory software (Salesforce.com); Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel) and Word Processing software and TEOCO experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.