DWDM Network Engineer
Location: Tulsa,OK     Department: Engineering
Job Number: DM-0001
This position is responsible for understanding DWDM technologies by creating innovative solutions to address delivery services to customers. Plays a key role in building future network design and manages all products and services to deliver leading edge, state of the art solutions on time and at cost. Foster strong relationships with all internal business units. Assists in making engineering standards and product specifications more efficient. Creates targeted plans from simple customer orders to complex network designs. Assists in future network design based on the overall budgets and helps schedule the completion based on requirements etc. Works closely with the Operations and Field Services to provide input in timely completion of projects.
- Assist in the development of a Capital budget; provide budgetary details related to customer forecast and network upgrades. Manage capital associated with projects according to plan, develop reports, and provide weekly updates.
- Engineer and design solutions, which can include public and private telecommunications networks.
- Specify, evaluate, and recommend the procurement of telecommunications hardware/software products and services. Evaluations include technical and detailed economic analysis..
- Project manage network installation projects consisting of telecommunications equipment, systems, and services; develop operating procedures; train operating personnel; and provide on-going technical support.
- Manage network capacity and utilization based on engineering and technical guidelines established by engineering requirements of the network.
- Interface between the sales and Zayo customer service to manage the order process with quality service.
- Record and track all aspects of customer circuit in conjunction with the customer order to meet requested service dates.
- Develop and recommend strategies to address specific telecommunications, connectivity and related customer service needs.
- Provide tier III technical support to customers and other work groups. As the system expert, has a broad knowledge of all aspects of the assigned systems, including its design basis, vendor equipment, operating characteristics, and required maintenance.
- Assist in standardization for configuring customer and network equipment. Provision new circuits, routers, and other network equipment as required providing customer service.
- Master’s Degree Required
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.