Location: Boulder or Denver,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-13099
Boulder, CO or Denver, CO
Reports To: Manager of Network Architecture Mobile and Private Data Networks
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
Zayo’s FTT Architecture team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for all IP and Ethernet solutions implemented on Zayo Mobile backhaul networks. The FTT Architecture team lives in a dynamic, fast paced, customer focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group level and company level objectives and goals.
Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including STP, fiber, optics, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment or customer support role is a plus.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of Zayo FTT network system architecture
- Design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of network design and review of customer requirements.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current networks and support overall Zayo and Mobile Infrastructure group’s business goals.
- Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing FTT networks to permit development of integrated systems that operate at low cost levels.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- Identification of major technology trends and competitive forces relevant to the Zayo MIG and industry technology strategies
- Alignment of network services strategy with overall technology infrastructure strategy defined by the Zayo CTO.
- Development / Management of roadmaps, and network classification recommendations for managing the life cycle of technology products Development and management of reference architectures.
- Ability to provide strategic Network architecture direction to the Zayo MOIG PG based on a balanced risk & opportunity analysis.
- Ability to apply technology trends to Network architecture for general and specialty business needs.
- BS in CIS
- 7 years of networking experience
- Advanced knowledge in large scale network designs
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.