Manager, Strategic Verticals
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Marketing
Job Number: LH-1010
Manager, Strategic Verticals
Boulder or Denver, CO
Reports To: Director, Strategic Marketing
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This role has a broad set of strategy and business growth responsibilities including development and execution of GTM plans for key verticals that’s components will include: development of key messaging and content by vertical; understanding and communicating Zayo’s value propositions within defined verticals; competitive, industry and customer research; participating in networking events and conferences to drive new revenue growth; development of demand gen approach including campaigns and localized events; and driving strategic growth initiatives in key geographic markets.
Through direct interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, this role will provide recommendations and sponsor appropriate initiatives. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and market dynamics. Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Salesforce, Zayo’s CRM software, leverage our online platform Tranzact and manage workload in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Develop and manage initiatives to drive long-term revenue growth within defined verticals including Data Centers, Media, AdTech, Gaming, Webscale and more; execute via coordination across Product, Sales and other functions within Zayo
- Lead Zayo’s participation & thought leadership in key vertical industry events/trade shows/conferences
- Develop and manage to set KPI’S related to growth targets for key verticals
- Ownership of relationships with key leaders and influencers in the industry via continuous outreach and engagement
- Develop comprehensive understanding of competitive landscape to improve Zayo’s positioning, value proposition, portfolio of service offerings, and overall sales success
- Define and implement /project manage activities across the company and corporate marketing team to deliver on growth targets
- Be willing and readily able to flex between tactical execution and strategic deep thinking
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business or relevant degree
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience
- 2+ years of telecommunications industry experience preferred or 2+ years in B2B technology in lieu of telecom experience
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting group objectives
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems
- Independent, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize competing deliverables
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives, and to keep the “big picture” in focus
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.