Manager, Service Management – Dark Fiber Solutions
Location: Various North American Regions,CO, TX, OK, CA, GA, MD, VA, DC +     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3402
The Regional Service Management Manager is responsible for managing the overall quality of service for all DFS products within the region, supporting both external and internal customers (i.e., lit services product groups).
This position will build a strong Customer/Supplier relationship with the ISP/OSP/Operations teams within the region to ensure high network service quality for end customers. This position will oversee management of the dark fiber network, associated ILAs and Zayo-owned POPs, improving network quality identifying and solving reoccurring events that create network outages.
Serve as a key escalation point of contact with customers in the event that network outages are not restored within agreed upon timeframes. Provide clear and frequent communication between, customers and Zayo management on status of critical emergency restorations.
- Own dark fiber network quality including ILA Huts and other Zayo-owned POPs across the region (including metro dark fiber, long haul dark fiber, dark FTT, lit FTT and small cell products)
- Establish, track and manage to operational key performance indicators (KPIs) including MTTR and fault failure rate. Establish regular reporting on trouble ticket volume, MTTR, preventative maintenance activities and solution progress.
- Ensure core preventive maintenance program for fiber network and ILA huts is complete, including ROW management, HVAC/power maintenance, and other best practices.
- Provide overall space/power planning and capacity planning for ILA facilities.
- Act as customer representative to Zayo’s ISP/OSP/operations organization as external vendors
- Develop and nurture operational relationships with key customers in the region
- Develop and manage Net Ops budget, and continually seek opportunities to reduce Net Ops cost structure
- More specific responsibilities are as follows:
|Preventative Maintenance||Oversight over all preventative maintenance. activities: creating and managing budget, prioritizing work, and ensuring compliance|
|Relocations||Oversight over all relocation activities: creating and managing budget, prioritizing work, and ensuring compliance|
|Sparing||Ensure sparing plan is well defined and properly executed|
|Cutovers/grooming||Oversight over all cutover/grooming activities: creating and managing budget, prioritizing work, communicating with customers and ensuring compliance|
|Staffing/Coverage Plan||Ensure maintenance plan is appropriately staffed and well executed for 24/7 coverage of network so as to exceed SLAs and customer expectations|
|Escalation Process||Ensure appropriate escalation process is in place and well managed for outages etc.|
|Outages/Repairs||Monitor handling of outages & repairs; perform post mortems and improve processes|
|Communicate||Tranzact should be vehicle to communicate both for outages and for planned events|
|Metric Reporting||Report on overall service mgmt. results, as well as customer-specific periodic service reviews|
|Vendor management||Manage all vendors — external and internal — who support service management and preventive maintenance; optimize costs|
|Financial Oversight||Ensure costs of service management are well understood and associated with right transactions|
|Billing & collections||Ensure customers are properly billed for and pay for maintenance services, such as relocations|
Education / Experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational roles for a telecommunications carrier
- 5+ years of operations management experience with responsibility for OSP and/or Field Operations functions
- Demonstrated ability to establish, measure and manage to operational key performance indicators (KPIs) including MTTR and fault failure rate
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing network operating expense budgets
- BS/BA degree in business or technical field
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to establish and clearly communicate objectives and manage cross-functional team to achieve objectives
- Working knowledge of fiber network construction, maintenance and emergency restoration processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external contractors.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with Customers.
- Strong people management, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Experience utilizing project management databases and tracking systems to effectively manage project schedules
- Excellent internal and external team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work hours, including ability to respond to outage events outside of normal working hours, with ability to travel as needed
- Adept at working in a demanding, fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity plan
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.