Manager, Network Expense
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: Finance
Job Number: VB-14014
Manager, Network Expense
Reports To: Director, Global Network Expense
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
This position requires a manager that can remain positive during stressful situations and changes in processes. This role oversees a team of analysts that manage the end to end life cycle of network expense cost. The life cycle includes invoice receipt, validation, disputes, and approval for the accounts payable team to make the payment. The team also performs month end analysis on the cost including accruals, journal entries, variance analysis and presentation of the results.
- Support the analyst team with questions and decision making on vendor cost issues.
- Responsible for coordinating with other teams on projects such as cost savings, vendor relations, inventory and
- Main point of contact and escalation point on internal and external issues.
- Manage the month end reporting process including accruals, variance analysis and presentation of results to product group leads.
- Financial support and analysis on special projects and ad hoc requests
- Ability to understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and TEOCO (telecom expense management system) preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
- NP Not Present
- O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
- F Frequent (26% – 74% of time)
|Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.||x|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.||x|
|Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.||x|
|Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.||x|
|Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.||x|
|Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.||x|
|Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.||x|
|Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.||x|
|Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.||x|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.||x|
|Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.||x|
|Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.||x|
|Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexion or rotation of the wrist or spine.||x|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.||x|
|Hearing: Receiving detail information through oral communication.||x|
|Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.||x|
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.