Manager, Field Services
Location: Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR,     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-14024
Manager, Field Services
Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR
Reports To: Director, Field Services
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Field Services Manager is responsible for managing a team of Field Operations Technicians including but not limited to staffing, scheduling, team performance, quality of service, employee safety, tech and staff development, fleet, inventory, addressing/documenting performance or behavior issues and assisting technicians in the field. This role directs technicians performing all bandwidth of telecom services, installations and repair, while also managing customer service escalations and repair needs through effective resource planning.
- Accountable for the quality and on-time delivery of all field service activities required to support the assigned territory.
- Interacts directly with clients to determine needs, evaluate problems and provide training and support relative to voice and data services and operations.
- Supervises and maintains a productive team of field service personnel including developing, coaching and effectively evaluating performance standards.
- Builds a best-in-class team by selecting competent staff in accordance with outlined hiring guidelines.
- Produces reports, records and other statistical information regarding field service efficiency as requested.
- Works closely with Customer Care and Service Delivery to ensure the best possible client experience.
- Increases productivity and identifies opportunities for greater efficiencies through process improvement, systems integration and assisting in implementation of these solutions.
- Provides sufficient scheduling and management of resources for the daily work load requirements of field operations.
- Ensures compliance with Company Core Values and safety practices, through training and routine safety/quality inspections.
- Reduces costs, streamlines repair operations, and ensures an improved client experience.
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
Scope of Position
The Manager directs craft/technical level positions. This position has significant impact on the overall operations of the company and directly impacts customers through the efficient and effective installation of voice/data services requiring daily internal and external customer interaction. This is a somewhat complex position involving both technical skills and customer service skills. This position requires continuous learning to ensure that knowledge of products and systems is current.
- Typical challenges include accurate, timely, and courteous resolution of customer installation and repair problems. Development of a highly skilled and motivated workforce which includes on-the-job training, formal training and positive reinforcement to the employees routinely throughout the review year.
- Typical problems include prioritization of tasks using a fixed number of employees in a rapidly changing environment. Scheduling employees to cover the department 365 days/year, 7days/week.
- Bachelors or Associate technical degree in engineering, communications or related field or equivalent of 4 years of work experience in a related discipline.
- At least 1 year additional current management experience that demonstrates proficiency in leadership techniques and management of resources.
- Track record of delivering results in a high pressure, client-oriented environment (Operational results, developing others, retaining high performers, creating a positive, trusting work environment, safety).
- Work leadership experience involving planning, directing and monitoring the work of technical field staff providing installation and maintenance of voice and data services.
- Experience developing and implementing operating procedures and performance metrics.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications and customer service skills.
- Plan, organize and coordinate work to meet established deadlines and accommodate rapidly changing priorities.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.