Location: Aurora,CO     Department: Operations
Job Number: VB-13039
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Logistics Analyst assists in the development of processes and procedures to collect and analyze data, and to identify trends concerning the flow of operations and the supply chain.
- Create / maintain / develop reports and/or dashboards surrounding inventory and movement of assets.
- Analyze and report on asset data.
- Develop benchmarks, metrics, presentations and solutions for Logistics.
- Manage biannual companywide physical inventory count and reconciliation efforts.
- Review existing data for completeness and accuracy; performing data cleansing activities as appropriate.
- Coordinate and control disposal of assets and procure replacements when necessary.
- Complete purchasing of critical spares as requested.
- Assist with developing, measuring and improving processes to support inventory management.
- Periodically review with Product Groups excess and obsolete materials.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly Capital Project budgets.
- Monitor compliance and resolve any failures.
- Assist field with any large-scale movement of assets.
- Provide on-going direction and education to staff to gain compliance with established standards.
- Code Third Party Invoices; warehouse storage fees, shipping costs, Zayo processing fees.
- Run reports and analyze impact of vendor rates/service adjustments and vendor comparison.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for logistics processes.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-2 years Telecom experience.
- Highly analytical; ability to successfully manage large and complex data through use of Excel, Access or other reporting software.
- Understanding of Inventory Management principles and logistics, purchasing, supply chain concepts and systems.
- Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Ability to interact with multiple field personnel and Senior Management.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong desktop application (MS Office – strong Excel use; Vlookup, Pivot and VBA, Google Docs, etc.) skills required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Physical Requirement Codes
- NP Not Present
- O Occasional (up to 25% of time)
- F Frequent (26% – 74% of time)
|Standing/walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area.||X|
|Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position.||
|Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms or on shoulders.||X|
|Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and/or shoulders, back and legs.||X|
|Pushing/pulling: Exerting force on an object so that the object moves away from/toward the force.||X|
|Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs, and/or hands and arms.||X|
|Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending body down at the waist.||X|
|Kneeling: Bending legs at the knees to come to rest on knee or knees.||X|
|Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.||X|
|Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.||X|
|Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hands.||X|
|Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending at leg and spine.||X|
|Bending/twisting: Continual, intermittent flexion or rotation of the wrist or spine.||X|
|Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.||X|
|Hearing: Receiving detail information through oral communication.||X|
|Computer usage or other special equipment to be operated.||X|
- C Constant (75% – 100% of time)
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.