Jr. Application Developer
Location: Boulder,Colorado     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-13065
Jr. Application Developer
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Salesforce.com developer will work closely with Product Groups and IT on client projects to develop Salesforce.com applications. Our ideal candidate will have strong enterprise business application development and systems integration experience.
- Proven ability to independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and updating as it relates to the SalesForce.com software
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts and templates for both internal and external consumption
- Develop integration to other third party solutions (financial system in particular)
- Support & train new end users on the finance related SalesForce.com applications
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and business functions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Solid business analysis skill. Must have good inter-personal skills
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing environment. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies. Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadline
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred Computer Science), Coding Boot Camp, Galvanize/GSchool or equivalent 2-3+ years’ experience with implementations of CRM projects
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is ideal however experience with other CRM software will be taken into consideration
- Strong development including creation of standard and custom objects and fields etc.
- Experience with technologies that work with Salesforce.com including: Java, APEX, C#, .NET, jscript, Force.com platform
- Good understanding of data structures, data modeling, db schema is required.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools.
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.