Jr. Application Developer-Fiber
Location: Boulder,CO     Department: IT
Job Number: VB-13068
Jr. Application Developer-Fiber
Reports To: Manager – Application Development
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
As a Jr Application Developer, you will be part of a dynamic team that leverages the Salesforce platform to support the Fiber Solutions business segment through thoughtful creation of applications and features that drive efficiencies and provide business value.
Using Scrum methodologies, the team owns development from start to finish, including gathering requirements, understanding priorities and ensuring proper acceptance testing is performed.
We have several exciting projects on the roadmap, including developing solutions using Zayo Cloud Object Based Storage and creating integration between key GIS and Network Inventory systems. Our plate is full of innovative initiatives and we want you to be a part of it.
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and any tasks related to developing a solution
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts, and templates for both internal and external consumption
- Develop integration to other third party solutions (GIS systems in particular)
- Participate in cross-functional development teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and business functions
- Effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective
- Education, training and or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Experience with technologies that interact with Salesforce.com development platform including java, apex, .net, jscript, angular, etc
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, db schema
- Experience and ability to work with team members in multiple geographical locations
- Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry through direct or indirect work experience.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is ideal
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum Methodologies preferred
- Experience with test case and test driven development preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.