Location: Boulder / Denver,CO     Department: Engineering
Job Number: CH-3403
Zayo’s IP Engineering team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for all IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The IP Engineering team lives in a dynamic, fast paced, customer focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group level and company level objectives and goals.
Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including STP, fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment or customer support role is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering: Engineer is responsible for managing and completing engineering tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus new service engineering projects. As the engineer learns the new service role and increases productivity, additional opportunities to work on infrastructure engineering projects will be available.
- Project Management: Engineer will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations. Communication also includes proper and complete task management within the internal Zayo workflow system.
- Network Documentation: Engineer will be responsible for creating and updating documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong MS Visio and written skills.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and minimum 1 year related work experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.