IP Activation Technician
Location: Boulder or Denver,Colorado     Department: Operations
Job Number: CH-3397
Zayo’s IP team consists of highly motivated technical professionals who are responsible for IP solutions implemented on Zayo’s Tier 1 international network. The team lives in a dynamic, fast paced, customer focused environment. Team members are self-motivated individuals who strive to exceed both group level and company level objectives and goals.
We will be adding experienced individuals to our IP Activations team. The IP Activations team is responsible for both scheduled and unscheduled customer activations. Ideal candidates will possess working knowledge of Layer 1-3 networks including fiber, optics, CAT5/CAT6, VLANS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and IPv4/IPv6 networking and configuration. Troubleshooting experience in a NOC environment is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Activations: Individual is responsible for managing and completing activation tasks as assigned in a timely manner. This position will focus on new service activations, both scheduled and unscheduled. Participation in a rotating after hours on-call rotation is required.
- Communication: Individual will be expected to communicate with multiple groups and organizations both customer and internal facing.
- Network Documentation: Individual will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation.
- 3-5 years industry experience.
- Understanding and experience of layer 2/3 network protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Complete benefits package available including medical/dental/vision insurance.
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.